Mediation on TTIP
1.Watch the first five minutes of this introduction of a TTIP Report on German television (WDR)
2. Explain in an email to your friend from Ireland …
a. what the tone of the introduction is like.
b.which basic conflicts are shown concerning TTIP.
3. Together with your Irish friend, make your own TTIP video introduction for young people in Ireland.
Making Babies, a short story by Laurie Penny
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Here are possible tasks and examples handed in by students. You can work with a partner.
1) Graphic Novel: Draw panels that transfer The Road into a graphic novel. Use Mc Carthy´s text as a caption for your panels. Some of the entries are shown here:
Two collages/drawings by Vivien, the man`s bride and the pale bride in his dream (section 25):
Section 141 a horde of marchers are passing by, drawing by Triple Chance and BadGuy#1:
2) Transfer one passage into a short film.
a. Write the script and a storyboard. Publish them in this blog.
b. Shoot the scenes (present them in class or online)
3) Transform a passage into a photo story
a. Take expressive photos- perhaps you want to enhance the effect with a computer.
b. Insert captions and speech bubbles and publish the photostory or the in this blog.
4) Analyse different apocalyptic scenarios, taken from literature, science or movies.
Give a short presentation by using powerpoint or a moviemaker. Link it to this blog.
5) Write additional/alternative scenes (dreams) for The Road.
e.g. the mother doesn´t committ suicide; They find something remarkakble: an old letter, old photographs… Publish th elink to the scenes here in the blog.
6) Biographical references: Analyse interwiews with the author Cormac McCarthy concerning The Road and other novels. Prepare a presentation about your anlysis. Here is one interview.
7) Write a poem or a song linked to The Road: It can be a real or metaphoric road.Record the recitation or performance of the song and publish the link in the blog.
Life on the road, condensed into a song: Last week we had the pleasure to listen to the song There´s nothing to thank for , posted by your classmates Rouven and Jonathan. Enjoy listening and use the comment function to insert the lyrics or other comments.